We are offering an exclusive spiritual horsmanship seminar combined with the spectacular cultural Feria del Caballo in Jerez de la Frontera, the horse capital of Spain. There is space for only six participants interested in learning the finer points of equine communication while working hands on with exquisite Lusitano and Cartujano horses in various stages of their training.
Participants will base at a lovely hotel in Vejer de la Frontera, rated as one of the five most beautiful villages in Spain, located in the heart of the Costa de la luz; perfectly situated between magnificent nature preserves, pristine beaches and cultural centers reaching all the way back through history to the ancient Romans and Phoenicians.This is the land of the horse and we want to show you the best of it.
The retreat consists of the first half of each day spent training with the horses under the supervision of Simin Nadjafi Hinrichs lunch in a typical Andalusian venta (restaurant) and cultural adventure trips in the afternoons. Beside the visits to the amazing feria del caballo, we will take you to historical places like Cadiz, the roman ruins of Bologna and of course to a tasting of the best sherry in an exclusive and traditional bodega in Jerez. At night, you get to relax in the spectacular citadel of Vejer ("Joy" in Arabic) and explore this stunning village with its magnificent views of La Janda and Africa.
The Retreat includes:
- Accommodation with breakfast in luxury hotel
- Airport transfers and ground transportation
- Welcome & farewell group dinner
- 6x Lunch in typical Andalusian Restaurants
- 2x Visits to the Feria del Caballo in Jerez de la Frontera
- Visit to the historical centre of Europe¡s oldest town ‘Cadiz’
- Visit to the Roman Ruins and the Temple of Isis in Bologna
- Visit to a traditional Bodega with sherry tasting and tapas in Jerez de la Frontera,
- A full-day ride through ‘La Breña’, a natural reserve forest and along the most beautiful beaches in the costa de la luz to the historical lighthouse of Cape Trafalgar,
- 20 hours Spiritual Horsemanship Seminar comprising:
- Natural leadership and equine communication.
- Motivation and positive reinforcement exercises for breakthrough to the next levels of training,
- Synchronisation and the gentle use of pressure to guide your horse in his performance,
- Tactics for fear management & de-sensitisation to scary objects and situations,
- The installing of best ground manners (fundamental for all training at liberty)
- The essentials to teaching tricks at liberty,
- The Structure of training, work sessions and the importance of variety,
- The essential ingredients of Fun, Joy and playfulness for better and faster results
CULTURAL SPRINGTIME RETREAT
SIMIN NADJAFI HINRICHS
FERIA DEL CABALLO
3-11 OF MAY 2018
PRE Cartujano Stallion
PSL Lusitano Stallion